Wednesday, September 3, 2008

GNU Compiler

GCC

It's really hard to build a robust cross-compiler toolchain for ARM/MIPS platform. That's also a tough decision to choose the right distribution. So far, no one is perfect. We have to build our own toolchain by ourself.

I would like to introduce you some toolchain that I have used before.

CodeSourcery
This toolchain is good, however its C library is newlib. I hope they will release uclibc version in the future.

buildroot
I used this one to build our own uclibc-based toolchain for ARM platform long time ago. Basically, it's workable for many different processor. The only problem is it change all the time.

ELDK
They provide uclibc-based toolchain for ARM/MIPS/PPC platforms.

SnapGear
I have used this toolchain for Intel IXPxxx project.

crosstool
I have used this suite long long time ago. If you are willing to give it a try, please check the build results first. Your life will be easier.

From Scratch (manuality)


Version:
gcc-2.95
gcc-3.4 (3.4.6)
gcc-4.3 (4.3.2)

GCC online documentation

What's difference?

Reference:
CE Linux Forum

No comments: